Wednesday 15 July 2015

5th-10th June - Discovering a Lump

It was 5th June when I somewhat accidentally discovered a slight lump on my left testicle and thought it best to get checked out at the Doctors. 

I wasn’t particularly concerned as I did some research on the Internet and was reassured that the vast majority of lumps were nothing to worry about.  In addition to this, I was also reassured that only 2.5k cases of Testicular Cancer are diagnosed in the UK each year.  In terms of percentages of the adult male population, that’s a figure that would hardly register!

I then arranged for an appointment with my GP on 10th June.  Following a brief examination I was referred for a follow-up at Harrogate hospital – which didn’t come as any surprise and didn’t worry me in the slightest.  After all, it’s best to get these things checked out properly.

No comments:

Post a Comment