Wednesday 15 July 2015

19th June - The Orchidectomy operation

The Friday came round quickly and I checked-in at 7.30 am at the hospital and thankfully I was first-up on the day’s schedule for the surgeon.  After a relatively short wait – by which point I was in my sexy hospital gown - and some further checks and tests I was literally drawn up in marker pen with a big arrow on my upper left leg to ensure the surgeon removed the villain from the correct side.  I was then walked through to the surgery prep area and laid down on a bed.  Within 5 minutes I’d been wired up and was out for the count under general anaesthetic.


I awoke in the recovery area feeling pretty sore so I was prepped up with some morphine before being wheeled into the ward to get over the anaesthetic and have something to eat.  After a few hours I was ready to go home.  I was able to walk gingerly, but as the procedure was carried out from my lower abdomen downwards I was left with a 4 inch wound which had been stitched up.  This would take a number of weeks to heal and I wouldn't be able to do any lifting whilst the muscles and tissue recovered.

No comments:

Post a Comment