Wednesday 15 July 2015

20th-23rd June - The high after the operation

The recovery continued to go well.  I was soon able to stop taking the ultra-strong co-codamol tablets I’d been described, but I did need to keep topped up on paracetamol and ibuprofen to suppress the pain.  It’s only when I inadvertently used the damaged muscle group through sneezing, coughing or making a misjudged turn did I really experience real pain.


Over the next few days I was on a bit of a mental high.  I’d had the procedure to limit any further damage or chance of spreading.  There was a chance that I still didn’t have cancer, and even if the pathology reports showed that the tissue was cancerous, there was a good chance that having the procedure may have been the only action that was required.  Unfortunately though, this high didn’t last for long.

No comments:

Post a Comment